From Blood on the Clocktower Wiki
This FAQ serves to answer some of the questions commonly asked by both players and Storytellers.
If the Slayer is drunk or poisoned, can their ability be used to kill someone who isn't the Demon?
- No. In this case, their ability simply would not work, regardless of who they select.
- The Fool's ability is not activated/spent until such a time as another character is not preventing their death.
- The game continues. The Mastermind ability doesn't trigger, because it only triggers if the game would end due to the Demon's death.
- The Lunatic's ability is that they think they are the Demon. Therefore, they are not informed of their character and alignment change.
- No. If the Spy were to become poisoned then they would cease registering as a Townsfolk, thus creating a paradoxical situation.
Yes. The Mayor's ability is that if they were to be killed, someone else might be killed instead. So it is possible that the the Imp to be killed by their own attack. That will promote one of their Minion's to Demon status.
Can a drunk or poisoned character ever receive correct information?
- Yes, however a thoughtful Storyteller should use this sparingly, in order to balance the game.
What does it mean that something "might" happen?
- Things that "might" happen are at the discretion of the Storyteller. If you are running the game, be sure to use this power fairly and in the interest of balance and fun.
What happens if a Traveller is targeted by a non-Traveller's ability?
- Travellers are full players in every sense and are susceptible to the abilities of other players, except when specified otherwise.